Skip to Content

What type of company can help me with my company drug free workplace program and drug testing of my employees?

Great question, the best option is to deal with a professional third party administrator (TPA) specializing in management of drug and alcohol testing programs.  

Services typically provided by TPA’s include:

  • Review existing or create new drug free workplace policies
  • Sell drug and alcohol testing
  • Set up collectors, collection facilities, lab and MRO accounts
  • Provide custody and control forms (CCF) and other drug/alcohol testing supplies
  • Set up electronic ordering of drug testing using electronic CCF
  • Coordinate transfer of test results from MRO to the employer client
  • Set up and manage random testing programs as a consortium or stand-alone program
  • Assistance with blind specimens as needed
  • Assistance with MIS reports as needed
  • Various recordkeeping functions
  • Troubleshoot missing or abnormal results (fatal flaw, canceled test, etc.)
  • Combined billing of multiple services at multiple locations 
  • Employee education and supervisor training
  • Provide access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
  • Updating customer on regulations and State laws
  • Ongoing customer service including consultation, guidance and answering questions
  • Other occupational health testing services