Medical Review Officer (MRO) Services
The Medical Review Officer, often referred to as MRO, serves as the common point of contact between all participants in a drug test (i.e., the donor, the collector, the test facility (lab), and the employer). MRO’s at National Drug Screening provide MRO services consistent with the requirements outlined by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). These services include:
- Review all specimens reported as positive, adulterated, substituted, invalid, or rejected for testing, and report the verified result to the employer or Federal agency;
- Ensure that specimens reported as negative or as negative and dilute are properly reviewed (i.e., at least 5% personally and the remainder by staff under the MRO’s direct, personal supervision) and reported to the employer or Federal agency;
- Review the results of all employer Federal agency blind samples and perform the initial investigation into discrepant results;
- Discuss potential invalid results with the laboratory to determine whether further testing at another HHS-certified laboratory is warranted;
- Conduct or facilitate a medical evaluation of the donor when a collector reports that the donor was unable to provide a urine specimen;
- Perform an initial investigation of problems identified in the drug testing process and notify the employer and appropriate regulatory authority of findings;
- Monitor the frequency of errors and notify responsible parties to take corrective action to prevent recurrence; and
- Maintain records and confidentiality of drug test information.
Why is it important to have a Medical Review Officer (MRO)?
Two important reasons:
- To comply with regulations – DOT, Federal and State laws
- To reduce exposure to liability in your drug testing program
Call 866-843-4545 for MRO drug testing services from National Drug Screening.
What You Can Expect From Our Medical Review Officers
With MRO services from National Drug Screening, you get a team of four full time Medical Review Officers and a team of twelve full time Medical Review Officer Assistants. You will have access to the same system in which the MRO reviews and verifies the results. MRO coverage is available 8am to 8pm – 12 hours a day. Does your MRO service have these features which save you time and money?
- 4 Full Time MRO’s, Coverage 8am – 8pm EST
- Over 60 Years MRO Experience
- 12 MRO assistants
- Software integrations with Quest, Labcorp, Medtox, Alere, CRL
- State of the Art Technology Web Based Reporting System:
- Your web based reporting system branded with your company logo
- All results and reports branded with your company logo
- Electronic Scheduling of non-DOT tests with electronic CCF
- Extensive network of electronically capable collection sites (over 3500)
- Real time status updates of all testing available to you and your customers
- Qualified third party translator service for interviews with non-English speaking donors
- Fast turnaround – our clients say we are the fastest in the industry
- Automated e-mail notifications of difficulty in contacting donors
- Scanned CCF attached to all result records
- Automated reporting via fax, e-mail and web results